eide cd-rw rfi?

Devin Carraway aqua at atlantic.devin.com
Mon Mar 26 18:16:59 PST 2001

On Sun, Mar 25, 2001 at 07:40:44PM -0800, E Frank Ball wrote:
> The EIDE (ATAPI would be more correct) model will work, but if you want
> to burn music CDs go for the SCSI model.  I've heard the of problems
> with the non-scsi CD burners (not just Yamaha).  I noticed that xcdroast
> says my Toshiba DVD player (ATAPI) isn't suitable as a source for music
> files, only data files.  My SCSI Yamaha CD-RW works great.

FWIW, I've not heard of audio issues on ATAPI models, and I'm right now
listening to an audio CD cooked on a Yamaha 8424E; I've burned quite a few
audio CDs on the thing, with nary a problem.

--
Devin  \ aqua(at)devin.com, 1024D/E9ABFCD2;  http://www.devin.com
Carraway \ IRC: Requiem  GCS/CC/L s-:--- !a !tv C++++$ ULB+++$ O+@ P L+++