Stampede

Rafe Magnuson rmagnuson at onebox.com
Thu Mar 22 21:48:50 PST 2001

I should probably have been a bit more succinct in my inquiry.

I have actually tried SuSE, Caldera, Debian, Mandrake and a few others
and am currently using RedHat7 on one of my home systems and an IBM Thinkpad
at work - also I have "BigSlack" running in a section of this systems
hard drive (which, incidentally, I find to be most desirable in a stripped-down
kind of way).

The reason I asked about "Stampede" specifically is because I had read
that it was compiled to take advantage of i586 type instruction sets,
which of course would make it a great deal faster on those types of systems.
That being said, anyone have any further comment on the issue?

Thanks,

--
Rafe Magnuson
rmagnuson at onebox.com - email