NBLUG mailing list setup

troy fryman at sonic.net
Mon Dec 9 15:18:32 PST 2002

On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 03:09:04PM +0800, Shorter Rankin wrote:
> I'd like a safe place to ask newbie tech questions.
> Example: I'm trying to get online with a TP600 which
> has an ACP Winmodem. I have the latest Linux
> driver from IBM. When I try to install I get numerous
> error messages so no joy. Running RH 8.
>
> It seems to me that Linux talk groups tend to be
> divided into *very* newbie talk which I don't
> need and advanced tech which is over my head.

That safe place is nblug-talk.  I've been on the list since the
beginning, and i've yet to see anyone flamed or even rudely treated for
asking a "newb" question.  The worst you'll get is request to clarify,
and if it looks like you're being lazy, maybe a polite request to do a
bit of reading :)

So feel comfortable in asking your tp600 question.  Include the relevant
parts of the error message, and the steps taken to provoke the error.

In regards to splitting up the list, i'm with Eric.  Until we start
seeing tons of traffic, one talk list should be fine.

-ta