dsl, networking, paranoia

Rich Gibson Rich at chilidog.com
Sat Mar 2 14:27:16 PST 2002

At 01:26 PM 3/2/02 -0800, you wrote:
>let me preface this email by saying: i have no idea what i am talking about.
>the following statements are based on assumptions, hearsay, and brief
>readings.

Hi Augie,

First, you most likely want to check out the NoCat site.  We have a
mailing and website:
http://nocat.net

Wireless connectivity with access control and authentication is all
doable.

As for your specific situation...
I am running very close to your set up.

DSL -> Linux Box running Linux Router Project -> Hub

Various computers hang off of the hub, including a PC running Linux, with
two network cards.  One card to the shared hub, the second card goes to a
Linksys WAP 11 Wireless Access Point.

It is a bit complicated, but really not all that hard.

Cheers,
Rich

--
Rich Gibson 707/829-5256 or 707/529-6413 (new cell)
Rich at chilidog.com - http://www.chilidog.com