linux gateway and router = redundant?

Tom Rowe trowe at pezziking.com
Fri Mar 15 16:27:33 PST 2002

It would seem to me that you would pick one or the other.  If the Linksys is
doing all that you want, go with that.  The setup is so easy and for a home
network, the 4 extra port along with it make it a great little hub/switch.

If you like the extra features with the Linux box acting as a firewall, go
with that.  But together, you would have to be sure that any service you
allow through one, that the other matches.  That seems to me to be a recipe
for a problem.  Just my thoughts, good luck...TR