Meeting

Eric Eisenhart eric at eisenhart.com
Wed May 15 09:16:59 PDT 2002

On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 05:03:17AM -0700, augie wrote:
> the whole meeting got me thinking about what i could do for the group. one
> of the things i (and im sure many others) could do is give talks.

Our two biggest problems have been:
1) coming up with speakers
2) coming up with good topics.

Actually, the board put together a list of potential topics at one point; we
can find topics that people might be interested in hearing about, but we
can't find people that are interested in talking about them.

> some topics i know i could do:
> 1) how to convert a MS Access database to PostgreSQL.
> 2) basic DBA (database administration) of both PostgreSQL and MySQL.
> 3) basic web administration w/ apache

Any of these are potentially good topics.  #2 could expand to fill several
meetings if people were interested in the topic.  #3 seems like it should
only take 10 minutes but will take an hour.

Do you have July 9th from about 6:30p-9:30pm free and 2 to 20 hours of free
time sometime between now and then?  We'll put you down on the calendar,
"Augie talks about databases or Apache".  Then for August 13th you can talk
about Apache or databases.

So, who wants to volunteer to talk at September's meeting?

> also since i am a student at ssu i can infiltrate the student body, and
> attempt to bring other students over.

Yes!

Any students at all, of course.  But the CS students are the ones where we
could possibly find people we can eventually convince to talk about things.
Mwahaha
--
    Eric Eisenhart   Freedom is slavery.      http://eric.eisenhart.com/
 ^  ICQ#: 48217244   Ignorance is strength.   eric-dot-sig at eisenhart.com
/e\ Perl&SQL Coder   War is peace.            IRC Nicks: Falsch Freiheit
---                        -- George Orwell