IRC

Eric Eisenhart ee at eric.eisenhart.name
Tue Nov 26 14:27:34 PST 2002

On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 02:17:03PM -0800, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> irc troydude irc.nblug.org -c #nblug
>
> seems  MUCH simpler

Even simpler:
sirc
(with the appropriate things in .bashrc and .sircrc ;)

Once you get gaim actually configured, it's pretty simple, and it integrates
with your AIM, ICQ, Yahoo IM, MSN IM, Jabber, Gadu-Gadu and/or Zephyr (I'm
sure I missed a protocol or three) chatting quite nicely; in a single tabbed
window if you want.  Then the process is mostly just logging into GNOME; the
applet loads and logs into a bunch of things.
--
Eric Eisenhart
NBLUG Co-Founder & President Pro Tempore for Life