[NBLUG/talk] Push Methods

Eric Eisenhart eric at nblug.org
Wed Aug 13 10:15:01 PDT 2003

On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 08:42:54PM -0500, Warren Raquel wrote:
> What are the more useful and prevalent push methods for keeping multiple
> Linux machines updated (I thinking RedHat specific but any distro would
> work)

# Use ssh-agent
hosts="host1 host2 host3 ..."
for i in $hosts; do
    ssh root@$i apt-get update
    ssh root@$i apt-get upgrade
done

RedHat's "RHN" stuff is potentially good, too.  But if you want the ability
to push to groups of servers and whatnot, you really do need to be paying
them some actual money.  I haven't used it for the full enterprise setup
with groups and whatnot, but it looks like it'd work pretty well.
--
Eric Eisenhart
NBLUG Co-Founder & Vice-President Pro Tempore