[NBLUG/talk] Postfix - amavisd-new - clam antivirus - spamass assin

Christopher Wagner chrisw at pacaids.com
Fri Dec 5 11:05:02 PST 2003

I'm watching the load on this box..  It's pretty low.  It's catching about
300 spams a day which is about 20-30% of our total traffic, message-wise.
The reason I make a distinction is, this machine being the email server for
a press-shop, they sometimes receive extremely large emails.  Some in excess
of 30 megs.  Hence the absolute necessity for Maildir mailboxes.  The system
seems to be handling the load with ease, there's no visible speed difference
between 1 machine accessing the IMAP server and 5 machines accessing it.

I get the feeling that this machine would scale very nicely.  I can tell now
that the load it's under isn't anywhere near it's usable capacity.

- Christopher Wagner
chrisw at pacaids.com

Packaging Aids Corporation - Information Systems
P.O. Box 9144
San Rafael, CA 94912-9144
http://www.pacaids.com/
(415) 454-4868 x116