Installing RH on a SCSI drive server

Christopher Wagner chrisw at pacaids.com
Fri Jan 10 16:46:59 PST 2003

My recommendation is to install it on the Poweredge server..  You should
experience absolutely no problems with SCSI.  The installer should
automagically load the necessary modules and the operating system will
probably boot up with the right modules as well.

As far as dual-booting with XP, partitioning the drive with Partition Magic
will allow you to resize the drive non-destructively.  Another drive would
probably be more preferable, however, so you won't have to worry about
cylinder boundaries and whatnot..  I believe (but I'm not 100% certain) Grub
and Lilo now correctly support dual-booting between NTish OSes (like 2000 &
XP) and Linux.  Will someone please correct me if I'm wrong.  I haven't
dual-booted between the NTish OSes and Linux other than Lycoris.   I
installed Lycoris on my desktop at work and it autoconfigured it's boot
loader to dual-boot between 2000 and Lycoris just fine.

Hope this helps!

- Christopher Wagner
chrisw at pacaids.com

Packaging Aids Corporation - Information Systems
P.O. Box 9144
San Rafael, CA 94912-9144
http://www.pacaids.com/
(415) 454-4868 x116