[NBLUG/talk] Gnome: Keyboard not working with Terminal window

troy fryman at sonic.net
Sat Jul 26 17:04:01 PDT 2003

On Sat, Jul 26, 2003 at 04:43:17PM -0700, Todd Cary wrote:
> I have RH 9 running with KDE.  I switched the Session to Gnome and all
> works fine *except* if I bring up the Terminal window, the keyboard is
> not working - no characters appear when I type.
>
> What have I missed?

Can you verify that the terminal gets focus?  It's theme dependent, but
often the titlebar color will change when the windows gains or loses
focus.

How about terminal themes/colors.  Are you sure it's not set to black
text on a black background ?

Forgive me for bringing up the obvious but sometimes we all miss them.
Besides, I couldn't think of anything non-obvious.

-troy