[NBLUG/talk] ISC suggests upgrading to BIND 9.2.2...

Eric Eisenhart eric at nblug.org
Tue Mar 4 14:10:03 PST 2003

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 01:10:34PM -0800, ME wrote:
> If you are running BIND 9.2.1, a new release has come out to fix 2 bugs
> (9.2.2). Nothing of this release has it the security lists, or (as one
> user reports) to the bind announce lists, however, the package passes the

Funny; I got a message monday night from the bind announce list.

It lists quite a few more than 2 changes since 9.2.1, including over 50
items categorized as "[bug]", but also [port], [func], [doc], [security],
[contrib], and [tuning] changes.

All looks like fairly minor stuff; the 2 security changes are related to
compiling against recent OpenSSL changes.

(in other words, I'll wait until a new package comes out from the distro)
--
Eric Eisenhart
NBLUG Co-Founder & President Pro Tempore for Life