[NBLUG/talk] Help with Mozilla

Eric Eisenhart eric at nblug.org
Mon Mar 10 12:16:01 PST 2003

On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 12:04:15PM -0800, augie wrote:
> troy wrote:
> | Wishing doesn't help! :)  When you find broken sites, email the
> | appropriate contact and let them know.  If it's a corporate site, it can
> | be helpful to email the PR person as well as the webmaster.
>
> good idea troy! will do. i heard mac's new browser, safari, does
> something similiar. if you come to a page that doesn't render properly
> you can hit a button, and it sends a note to apple. then presumably
> steve jobs goes over there and beats them with a stick... ;)

Actually, I think they go into the "bug reports queue", then Dave Hyatt
(http://www.mozillazine.org/weblogs/hyatt/archives/cat_safari.html) decides
if it's a bug in the rendering engine or in the site, and if it's a bug in
the site, he refuses to change the rendering engine and only *then* does
Steve Jobs go over and beat them with a stick.

(discovered from reading http://www.webstandards.org/.)
--
Eric Eisenhart
NBLUG Co-Founder & President Pro Tempore for Life