[NBLUG/talk] Use of Linux w/o an Office Suite?

Andru Luvisi luvisi at andru.sonoma.edu
Fri May 16 07:56:00 PDT 2003

On Thu, 15 May 2003, ME wrote:
[snip]
> A station/arcade for kids (little ones and the older, adult variety of
> kids) who might use a nifty paint program that plays sounds while you
> paint.
[snip]

And adults!  Don't forget all the wonderful Linux games that are out
there.  Most distributions come with a decent number, but there are oodles
to be found on freshmeat.net, www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/, and all the
Linux games sites like www.linuxgames.com

...but there will always be a special place in my heart for that eraser
and the EEE-ERR EEE-ERR EEE-ERR sound from Bill Kendrick's fabulous
TuxPaint program (http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/tuxpaint/).  *grin*

Andru
--
Andru Luvisi, Programmer/Analyst