[NBLUG/talk] A couple of questions

ME dugan at passwall.com
Sun May 25 22:19:01 PDT 2003

> First one is about the modem. I have a Zoom Faxmodem, dualmode but how do
> I find drivers for it?  I don't think it's a winmodem, I had it installed
> on my older system that was using both Win 3.1 and 95.
>
> Linux doesn't even recognize that there is a modem installed and I can't
> find anything in the documentation to figure out how to get the OS to see
> the modem.
> How do I get it to see it?

When you had the modem in windows, do you know what "Com port" it used?
(A, B, C, D or maybe 1,2,3,4)

Is the modem an internal or external connected to a serial port?

If the modem is internal, is it PCI or ISA or something else?

If you still have windows installed, you can find out what resources
windows thought the modem was using. If you have this, find out what IO
ports (something like 0x03f8) and IRQ (like a number from 2-15.)

-ME