[NBLUG/talk] A couple of questions

Nadina nadina at sonic.net
Sun May 25 22:35:02 PDT 2003

> When you had the modem in windows, do you know what "Com port" it used?
> (A, B, C, D or maybe 1,2,3,4)
>
> Is the modem an internal or external connected to a serial port?

Internal

> If the modem is internal, is it PCI or ISA or something else?

PCI

> If you still have windows installed, you can find out what resources
> windows thought the modem was using. If you have this, find out what IO
> ports (something like 0x03f8) and IRQ (like a number from 2-15.)

I printed up the system information as suggested in the installation guide,
but it doesn't tell me any info about the modem except No resources used.
I will have to put the windows hard drive back in and see if I can determine
what the settings are.  I used to know all of this on my old 486 computer
since I had to tweak it so much, but not so with the newer one - don't know
nearly as much the configuration.

Nadina