[NBLUG/talk] OpenOffice 1.1 ISO has arrived; time to gear up for the schools!

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Tue Oct 7 10:31:01 PDT 2003

On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 06:39:22AM -0700, Todd Cary wrote:
> Lincoln -
>
> Recently I had the opportunity to try a CD in my computer that contained
> a complete, functioning Linux system.  This was run off of the CD and
> OpenOffice was part of setup.  However, I failed to note the source of
> the CD and I was wondering if this rings a bell?

Knoppix, probably.  http://www.knoppix.org/

There are also variations on that, like "Knoppix for Kids," put out by
OSEF (Open Source Education Foundation: http://www.osef.org/ ), which is
geared specifically towards parents and educators.  "See?  Look, Linux
comes with butt-loads of useful software for your kids!"

LUGOD's had stacks of both discs, and they're both quite popular!

And yes, both come with OOo, if I recall correctly.  (I know for a fact
that KfK does)

-bill!

--
bill at newbreedsoftware.com                           Got kids?  Get Tux Paint!