[NBLUG/talk] TightVNC and RH Linux

Mark Street jet at sonic.net
Sat Feb 7 08:51:02 PST 2004

vnc is exactly opposite of X windows.  It is a client and server type service
but the server runs on a remote machine and you run the client locally to
connect to the remote server.

So, on the windows box should have the 'server' running.  You will notice a
small white and green icon in the taskbar on the windows box when the server
is active, you can even set it to come up on boot.

Windows boxen use display :0 for the primary display, Linux boxen will vary

So, you would connect from the Linux box like so;  vncviewer 192.168.1.**:0

Whatever your IP address for the windows box is.  Read some of the excellent
docs that augie referred to for additional info.

--
Mark Street, D.C.
Red Hat Certified Engineer