[NBLUG/talk] TightVNC and RH Linux

Todd Cary todd at aristesoftware.com
Sat Feb 7 09:16:01 PST 2004

Mark -

I am getting close, but my lack of knowing some of the logs, etc. for
Linux is slowing my progress.  Here is what I am trying to do:

View my Linux box from a Windows box.

Here is what I have accomplished so far:

1) I have the Windows vnc viewer loaded on the Windows box and Xvnc is
running on the Linux box.

2) From the Windows browser, http://192.168.0.22:5801/ DOES make a
connection.

3) Using the Windows client, I cannot connect.

Now do I have things backward?  I need a server on the Windows box so I
can connect to the Linux FROM the Windows box?

++++++

Security question: /var/log/messages does not reflect the connections or
attempted connections.  What log file shows this?

Does vnc have it's own log file?  I cannot tell from the docs.

Todd