[NBLUG/talk] [OT] rude clients

Steve Johnson srj at adnd.com
Mon May 17 10:21:29 PDT 2004

Simple solution, fire her.  She will either accept it and find someone
else to do the work, or she will calm down and let you do your thing
in hopes to not loose you.

I found in this business that the money is NEVER worth the stress.
 I would rather find a nicer client then hold onto a client the treats
me like crap.

Just my opinion.

-Steve

On Mon, May 17, 2004 at 10:15:40AM -0700, Suzanne Aldrich wrote:
> Dear NBLUG list,
>
> I have a new client who sends really rude email to me. I know that part
> of it is my fault for not getting done with her project in a timely
> manner, but I feel like I don't deserve this abuse. I had to start a
> new full-time job at a hotel because I was having a hard time making
> ends meet in the computer industry (I'm a Stanford CS dropout trying to
> get a foot in the door, but only succeeding in getting it crushed and
> mangled). The client knows that I am limited for time but has been
> really pushy the entire time I've worked for her. I actually enjoyed
> working on the project, which was scripting FileMaker Pro 7 to retrieve
> contacts from her website via formmail and email, and then sending out
> an email campaign to everyone who opted in (kinda roundabout but at
> least it's symmetrical). Now I'm done with the project, and I want some
> advice for how I should deal with her. I have not jumped on the
> rudeness bandwagon; I always responded as politely and professionally
> as possible. I would like to work for her but the rudeness has got to
> stop, and I can't do any work in the next two weeks because I'm
> desperately trying to plan for my wedding this July; all preparations
> stopped while working for her, and she even accused me of doing wedding
> planning instead of her project. This abuse has got to go!
>
> Suzanne

----
      "Knowing others is wisdom, knowing your self is Enlightenment."
                                                   -- Lao-Tzu