[NBLUG/talk] nblug mirrors

Eric Eisenhart eric at nblug.org
Fri May 21 14:41:40 PDT 2004

On Thu, May 20, 2004 at 08:38:40PM -0700, Steve Johnson wrote:
> Are the nblug mirrors down?  I can't seem to reach them and a dig on
> mirror.nblug.org pulls up nothing.

Yes, the mirrors are currently down.

A little while back, we moved nblug.org to a new server.  Faster, more RAM,
1U (instead of a standing desktop crammed into a rack), etc...  We moved the
hard drive that used to hold the mirrors into the new machine, but, frankly,
getting the mirrors back online was a *much* lower priority than getting
email working, getting the mailing lists running, getting the main website
up, etc.  Also, the mirrors previously had some issues periodically, so we
really wanted to redo some aspects of how they're handled.  At least now the
mirrors will be living on a drive separate from other things.  (it used to
be that when the mirrors filled up, they broke our website and things like
that...)  We'll even have a little extra space...

They should be back online within a few weeks, I'd say.  maybe this weekend.

What were you looking for?  Maybe we can prioritize getting that mirror back
up sooner than the others.

In fact, in general, what would people like to see on the nblug.org mirrors?
Mandrake?  SuSE?  RedHat?  Fedora?  Fedora Legacy (RH7.x, RH8, RH9 and FLC1
updates)?  Debian?  CPAN?  Project Gutenberg?  Linux kernels?
OpenOffice.org?  What would you actually *use* if it was there?
--
Eric Eisenhart
NBLUG Co-Founder & Director-At-Large