[NBLUG/talk] KDE Crash Message

Doug Miller dougmiller60 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 11 20:10:12 PDT 2004

Help!   I've wasted the whole day trying to install MPlayer and an
accelerated driver for my, probably obsolete, Riva 128, video card.
X-window is back up and running, and so is my internet connection,
so this isn't so bad.  I can live with this.

It's just that the big bright KDE Crash Handler keeps poping up with the
same debugging merssage--

no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...0x41021bd8
in waitpid () from /lib/libpthread.so.0
#0  0x41021bd8 in waitpid () from /lib/libpthread.so.0
#1  0x406e8cb0 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libkdecore.so.4
#2  0x4064811c in KCrash::defaultCrashHandler(int) ()
   from /usr/lib/libkdecore.so.4

 ( This seems to happen when I close a Mozillia navigator window. )

(Oh, and there was this warning during compilation that my glib.**
something was different that the version used to compile mplayer or
nvidia; but mine was newer, and newer is always better, isn't it? )

Anyway, I do have those three files tucked away in /usr/lib/ , so I
don't see what's wrong.  Any suggestions will be greatfully accepted.

Doug.