[NBLUG/talk] Upgrading a Debian box to KDE 3.5

Lincoln Peters sampln at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 30 19:30:40 PST 2005

On Friday 30 December 2005 14:10, Lincoln Peters wrote:
> I'll check in later to let you know how it goes.

So far so good, although I can't help but notice that the icons that used to
appear next to my KMail spam-filtering actions ("classify as spam" and
"classify as NOT spam") have been replaced by rather generic-looking "window"
icons.

On the other hand, it's got lots of nice new eye candy, the support for
different backgrounds on different displays is a welcome addition (I recently
set up dual monitors, and until now most desktop backgrounds became nasty
eyesores), and I'm sure that there is more waiting to be discovered.

Although what I'd REALLY like to see is support for multiple panels like GNOME
has (so I can have distinct panels for each of my two monitors)...

--
Lincoln Peters
<sampln at sbcglobal.net>

<Sanaya> you guys are all sick!  sick sick sick I tell ya ;)

/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign
\ /    No HTML/RTF in email
 X     No Word docs in email
/ \  Respect for open standards