[NBLUG/talk] RH 9: creating libphp4.so

Troy Arnold troy at zenux.net
Wed Jul 6 22:19:07 PDT 2005

On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 08:31:50PM -0700, Todd Cary wrote:
> Troy -
>
> That bird is welcome to come to my house and play with my parakeet
> anytime it wants.  I can now compile (make and install) Apache and PHP
> 4.3, BUT there is another problem:  I get an error when I restart
> Apache: undefined symbol: ap_signal. This is in the new libphp4.so.
>
> My RH 9 is out of the box + running "yum update".

A little more searching and it looks like perhaps you need to build php4
with support for zlib.  In fact, if you have access to an old working php4
installation, run phpinfo().  That should show you with which flags php
was compiled.

./configure --with-interbase=shared,/opt/firebird \
--with-apxs2=/www/bin/apxs \
--with-zlib

-troy