[NBLUG/talk] Re: Which distro is best for a newbie?

Lincoln Peters sampln at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 23 12:03:40 PDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-23 at 11:38 -0700, Clay Carley wrote:
> Debian takes a long time for major O/S updates.  I think it's been two years
> between the "woody" version and the new "sarge" version.

Two years?  It seemed *much* longer than that.  The last time I messed
around with Debian/woody, the applications were the same versions as
when I used RedHat 6.1, which, if I remember correctly, was in 1999.
That was six years ago!

---
Lincoln Peters
<sampln at sbcglobal.net>

Is it 1974?  What's for SUPPER?  Can I spend my COLLEGE FUND in one
wild afternoon??