[NBLUG/talk] Quick and Dirty KNOPPIX install to HDD

Mark Street mark at oswizards.com
Fri Mar 18 17:10:59 PST 2005

Well, I have success after creating a boot loader config and an fstab.  It
automatically sensed it was running through the hard disk and went through a
limited system setup.

There is some tweaking to do but we have lift off.....  LOCALE is German and
we have TWM and a root shell.  Yippe.

I will look and see if it can netboot, it does have an integrated NIC.

Thanks for the help.  One strange way to get a Linux install on a laptop but
hey.

--
Mark Street, RHCE
http://www.oswizards.com