Booting from USB? (was Re: [NBLUG/talk] An different kind of initrd)

Mark Street mark at oswizards.com
Sun Mar 20 11:32:17 PST 2005

The saga continues.  Since getting DSL on the jumpdrive I have added the
NT/Password change/recovery toolset, and the Fedora Core 3 iso installation
contents.  I gave it a go on the Dell Latitude just for kicks (bye Knoppix).
Tried the wireless install, but had to settle for the wire.  Boom, nice Dell
Latitude D400 with FC3 easy as pie....  I wish it were mine.

Just pick your kernel/initrd and a few choice arguments and go to town.
Syslinux is cool.

These USB keys could be dangerous with an unprotected BIOS........ ; )

--
Mark Street, RHCE
http://www.oswizards.com