[NBLUG/talk] Quick and Dirty KNOPPIX install to HDD

Mark Street mark at oswizards.com
Fri Mar 18 15:58:38 PST 2005

I want to try a KNOPPIX install to HDD with a twist.

I installed DSL (Damn Small Linux) onto the USB key, now I want to install
KNOPPIX onto the HDD from DSL.

I have partitioned the HDD with my partitions to hold linux and swap space.

I have a USB CDROM that has been mounted as scd0
KNOPPIX 3.7 CD is mounted onto ~/cdrom.

The compressed KNOPPIX filesystem image from the CDROM has been mounted on
cloop1.

I am wondering if it will work if I mount /dev/hda1 onto a mount point, copy
the entire filesystem to hda1, chroot to hda1 and setup the boot loader to
boot KNOPPIX.

I imagine there is some setup that must occur prior to the thing working....
Am I on the right track here?  Kyle......? ; )

--
Mark Street, RHCE
http://www.oswizards.com