[NBLUG/talk] PHP question

Troy Arnold troy at zenux.net
Tue Mar 22 14:40:53 PST 2005

On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 01:39:20PM -0800, Mark Street wrote:

> I am hacking on a project that involves E-groupware and I want to
> create a form/query to an mssql database and return a list of
> patient's.  From that array I want to select 1 and have that one
> record exploded and formatted into a field of my E-groupware
> application template.
>
> I have scratched it out on paper but I haven't had the time to
> actually sit down and figure out how to code it.  Is there going to be
> an issue using or querying two different databases?  I am only reading
> from mssql database.

Shouldn't be a problem at all.  Each database gets a separate handle,
and they work independently.  You *may* need to request a non-persistant
connection, but likely not.

After chatting with a couple of the devs at linuxworld, E-groupware has
been on my list of stuff to check out.  Let us know what you think about
it...

> Does anyone feel comfortable with this?  Can we talk?  Can we talk $$?

Doesn't sound like what you want is too complicated, but if you still
think you might want help, feel free to drop me an e-mail.

-troy