[NBLUG/talk] KDE klipboard and "file:"

Ross Thomas boscorama at fastmail.us
Tue Mar 29 22:17:56 PST 2005

Hi Bill,

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 21:58:14 -0800, "Bill Kendrick" <nbs at sonic.net>
said:
> On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 07:19:58PM -0800, Ross Thomas wrote:
> >
> > I've had a problem for some time and I'm finally serious enough
> > about it to ask.  When I cut & paste something in the Konsole and
> > it happens to contain the string "file:" anywhere in it, those 5 chars
> > are removed when it is pasted.  Very annoying.
>
> I don't normally run Klipper, but I just fired it up.
> (I'm using KDE 3.3 in Debian Testing)

Oooooooh!  I didn't realize how far behind I am:
   KDE 3.1.3 on MDK 9.2

> Unfortunately, I don't see this.  Copying from another Konsole
> where I just typed out a string, it looks like it's pasting fine:
>
>   file:abcd

Hmm.  Given the age of my version it may just be a bug.

> > I've looked at Klipper & disabled all the actions and even added
> > Konsole to the 'exception' list.  It still happens.
>
> DOes it happen if Klipper itself is not running?

I stopped Klipper & it still happens.  I may need to reboot
(or at least restart KDE) for it to take effect.  It may also be
that I just need to exit my last Konsole session to make it
notice the new state.

Thanks for testing it out.

Ross.