[NBLUG/talk] Direct Render Support

Stephen Cilley hydro_mancer at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 9 23:00:50 PST 2005

Man!  I didn't have those headers installed right and
it didn't work, and then when I read that howto it
didn't go so badly.  Thank you so much.  The DRI
driver installed just fine, looks like.
However...
*sigh*
(EE) SAVAGE(0): Insufficient Videoram available for 3D
-- Try a lower color depth or smaller desktop.  For
integrated savages try increasing the videoram in the
BIOS.
(EE) SAVAGE(0): DRI isn't enabled
(EE) SAVAGE(0): Direct rendering disabled
So, looks like I won't be running any 3d aps
whatsoever.
>From what I'm seeing on some pages, though, there
seems to be something seperate that might be a 2d
hardware accelarted driver.  To tell you the truth I
don't care much about actual 3d preformance, it's the
2d games and the video playback that really concerns
me, so if there's some sort of a stripped down driver
that has only the 2d hardware support, I'd like to
give that a try.
Anyone know of anything like that?
Thank you.
Stephen