[NBLUG/talk] Ubuntu

Stephen Cilley hydro_mancer at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 29 00:17:33 PST 2005

I can't say in particular, but one of the things as a
complete newbie I find myself asking over and over
again is, what's the REAL difference between all of
these distros.  I realize that that's probably the
whole point of the round table, but I'm afraid I'll
get the same answers I've been getting: too general
and vague, stuff like, "It's great for media and it's
really low overhead."  That's not really enough for me
to get any kind of a real tangible understanding of
what makes the operating system so good.
So, in short, this is my one request: I'd like to SEE
all of the key differences demonstrated on the screen.
 I'd really appreciate a petting zoo after everybody
is done speaking; it'd be cool to be able to have
access to 10 different laptops afterward all with a
different distro.
Anyway, I realize that's not terribly specific.
Sorry.
Thank you,
Stephen