[NBLUG/talk] [OT?] Static DHCP leases from a LinkSys router?

matt matt at cfxnetworks.com
Fri Apr 21 12:54:19 PDT 2006

"Static DHCP assignments" are kind of an oxymoron. Either you use the DHCP and
have the IPs assigned dynamically, or you configure the machine (not the
router) to use a static IP. If you don't want your IP to change every so
often (id est, when the lease runs out), configure it to use a static IP
like .5 or something (as everyone else has mentioned). You should never even
have to touch the router.