[NBLUG/talk] Universities

Troy Arnold troy at zenux.net
Sun Apr 23 19:54:38 PDT 2006

On Sun, Apr 23, 2006 at 06:27:10PM -0700, Stephen Cilley wrote:
> Actually CPLUG was the group that really got me
> interested in Linux.  They're very active, although
> their meetings are not as regular as NBLUG.  They
> seemed a little more basic, too.  More installfests,
> though, from what I saw.  A relatively large group for
> the size of the town.

Well, if you're comparing on the basis of available Linux users groups,
it's tough to beat LUGOD in Davis.  They tend to be more technical than
NBLUG and are certainly more into outreach, participating in everything
from Earth Day to LinuxWorld.  They have a lot of very sharp members, but
it's easier to make friends at NBLUG :)

The Davis area in general has a ton of Linux users, utilizing Linux for a
bunch of different, interesting projects.

http://lugod.org/

-t