[NBLUG/talk] WRT54G (or, "oh !$@*&$# -- I *missed* the key meeting(s)")

Bob Blick bblick at sonic.net
Wed Jan 11 21:23:42 PST 2006

On 11 Jan 2006 at 19:40, Stephen Cilley wrote:

> Hey, I gotta question about the WRT45G.
> I have the 3rd revision of the box, and I've got the
> most up to date linksys bios and all that.  A couple
> of days ago I noticed that the preformance on the
> Internet was terrible across my whole network, and
> after some fiddeling I realized that reseting the box
> brought all of the speed back.  Then again today I
> noticed it going slowly and I reset it and it was fine
> again.
> My question is: is there any reason for this, and can
> I fix it?

On the wrt54g that I was using all factory stock, I'd notice stuff like that sometimes. It may just be some
configuration setting(like UPnP being enabled), but putting in hyperwrt made it "just work". Check it out if
you want something that basically works just like factory but is better.

Cheers,

Bob