[NBLUG/talk] Networking newbie

A'fish'ionado afishionado at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 11:16:41 PST 2006

Can I briefly bug you guys one more time? :-)

I've gotten IP masquerading to work. If I add the host computer
(10.0.0.1) as the default gateway for the laptop, I can visit
208.201.242.2 with Firefox and see the NBLUG website (yes! It works!!!
Woohoo!), but I can't enter an URL (nblug.org) and get where I want to
go.

So, two questions:

1. How can I get the DNS information forwarded so I can just type
urls? I'm drawing a blank right now on what to type into Google. :-P

2. I could have sworn there was a way to use DHCP so that the gateway
doesn't have to be set manually on the client. Anybody know if/how
this can be done?

Thanks a whole lot. :-)
William