[NBLUG/talk] Deja-vu with apt-get database errors

Lincoln Peters sampln at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 20 16:56:35 PST 2006

I seem to remember that I had this problem when I once installed Debian/Woody
and subsequently tried to upgrade to Debian/Sarge.  I'm now running
Debian/Etch, and I seem to have encountered the same problem.  And now I
can't remember how I fixed the problem the first time!

The relevant output from apt-get is:

Reading package lists...
E: Dynamic MMap ran out of room
E: Error occurred while processing libdbi-ocaml (NewVersion1)
E: Problem with MergeList /var/lib/dpkg/status
E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.

--
Lincoln Peters
<sampln at sbcglobal.net>

It would save me a lot of time if you just gave up and went mad now.

/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign
\ /    No HTML/RTF in email
 X     No Word docs in email
/ \  Respect for open standards