[NBLUG/talk] video card compatibility

ck3k ck3k at ck3k.org
Tue Jun 6 19:57:52 PDT 2006

With linux compatibility the best two companies are ATI and Nvidia. I
am personally a bigger fan of Nvidia. I would check out the Gentoo
documentation, it is rather complete when it comes to graphic card
install.   As far as displaying text, you could get away with an old
s3 card. Does it have to be PCI? AGP is still a viable solution in
many cases. Gentoo is alright, been using it quite awhile, but I
would say check out ubuntu.

-Paul