[NBLUG/talk] Linux for media player system

Jose I. Sanchez dahose1 at dslextreme.com
Thu Jun 15 09:27:58 PDT 2006

Ok, I have an interesting project for which I am beginning the research.

I intend to build a nano-itx PC to use as a media center PC in a car.  I
have been looking at Windows Media player because it has a lot of stuff
integrated and makes life easier when using a touch panel and servo
controllers.  Ease comes with a price though and the size of the OS is a
problem considering that I want to use flash ram as the HD.  Sooooooo .....
does anyone have recommendations for a distro and program package that would
best fill my needs?  I want to use a touch panel, bluetooth keyboard,
802.11G NIC, bluetooth GPS and a servo controller that will need control
panels coded.  There is my excuse to finally learn PERL.

Jose