[NBLUG/talk] debian/samba/dvd-r/mysql

Walter Hansen gandalf at sonic.net
Thu May 11 14:31:26 PDT 2006

> Hey guys (and galls). I've got a project rich environment and a project
> that the bosses want done and are willing to put their money where there
> mouths are.
>
> I've got a debian stable system (3.1/64) set up and ready to go. Looks
> like web services are running at least partially (I got a directory
> listing just now, yuck).
>
> I need:
>
> * samba configured for our company
> * apache working nicely
> * mysql services (databases) transfered over from another system
> * also two physical drives need to be brought over from another computer
> once samba is working properly.
> * and once thats done the burning of backups onto DVD-R and RW (should be
> strightforward)
>
> there's a few more things that need to be done, but I don't mind sweeping
> up the little bits.
>
> Also, it's not really that I can't do any of the above. It's just that I
> don't have time to and they would like it done soon.
>
> You can contact me at this address, but whansen at corporate-image.com is
> better.

Forgot to mention. I also need the onboard gigabit network port to work or
(if that's not possible under linux) I've got a couple cards that could be
put in. The MB is a ECS Elitegroup KN-2 SLI and I think the port uses
realtek hardware.

Again I'd love to work on this myself, but it's not going to happen in the
next couple months and we'd like to be using this beast well before that.