[NBLUG/talk] SUSE the best?

Ben Ventura ben at benjaminventura.com
Thu Aug 2 15:12:28 PDT 2007

Edward,

I am also a beginner and I found ubuntu to be very very user friendly and
easy to install, I recommend it.  I've used both kubuntu on a workstation
machine, and the 'server version' of ubuntu and they are both great to
work with.  Two things that make it fun IMO are the apt-get/aptitude
package managers, and the tons of information on ubunutu's forums and
website.  I have never tried SUSE so I can't comment on one vs. the other,
but I thought ubuntu was very beginner-friendly.

Good luck,
Ben