[NBLUG/talk] bootable cd from iso image

Sean seanvanco at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 12:25:23 PST 2007

This is great information Andrew, thanks. I did want to point out an
easier method in Windows if you happened to have Nero installed
(specifically Nero Express). I'm afraid I don't have it on the system
I'm using now, so I'm going to have to be somewhat vague.

Copy the contents of the CD to a folder in Windows.
Open Nero Express and choose Make Bootable Disk (might be under the
Data Disk option)
Along the way it will ask for a floppy disk to copy the boot settings from.

You can also use a newer copy of Roxio (not sure which older versions
can do this) to create a Data Disc, and just click the Make Bootable
button at the top. It also will ask for a floppy to copy the settings
from.

The process is fairly automated and intuitive. If I'm reading what you
want to do correctly, this should work for you.

Good luck!

Open