[NBLUG/talk] CD collections

Jack Smith jack.delbert at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 08:31:56 PST 2007

OK, I've finally started storing my CDs online, starting with Christmas
stuff,  :-)  and I have a few questions.  When I feed the CDs in, using
GRIP, I get two subdirectories; ogg and wav.  The wav directory seems to
have the real mp3s, (several layers down) that can be played.  The ogg
directory has exactly the same structure but the .mp3 files there are only
about 300 bytes.  So...  What is the ogg directory for?  Also, many of my
directory names could make more sense.  nodisc for instance.  If I decide to
change them do the ogg and wav directories have to match?  Do I need to make
sure directory names and metadata match?  Will I mess everything up if I
make a super directory called Christmas and should it have the wav and ogg
directories in it or should it be a sub directory in both of them?

Obviously, I'm really new at this.  :-)

Thanks,
--
Jack Smith

English doesn't borrow from other languages -- English follows other
languages down dark alleys and takes what it wants.