[NBLUG/talk] CD collections

Jack Smith jack.delbert at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 10:25:24 PST 2007

On Dec 9, 2007 12:54 PM, Christopher Wagner <waggie at waggie.net> wrote:

> Well, my first question is: What format are you trying to end up with?
> ogg, mp3, wav?

I'm trying to end up with mp3 files, though I'd be willing to be argued into
something else.  :-)

> Secondly, this doesn't sound like default behavior for grip, perhaps a
> config reset is necessary, but we'll get to that later.
>
> What distro are you running?

Fedora 7
Grip is 3.2.0
JuK is 2.3.3

> Ideally, what you should end up with is not a lot of extraenous
> directory structure and just enough to help sort like you want.  grip is
> very flexible about how it created the directory structure.

It looks like I'm getting the encode information in the ogg directory and
the rip in the wav directory.  This is the way that Grip is configured.  No
idea if this is the way it should be or not.  If I pull a file into JuK from
the ogg directory I get all the info but can't play it.  If I pull it from
the wav directory it plays just fine but I have no info.  FYI, I'm brand new
to JuK too.

Grip also creates a separate ogg directory outside of /music with m3u
files.  These also have all the encode info but don't play.