[NBLUG/talk] CD collections

Christopher Wagner waggie at waggie.net
Sun Dec 9 21:18:45 PST 2007

Ok, thanks for the info..  Let's see if we can't get this sorted out, then..

My configuration settings that seem to be related to what you're trying
to achieve:

The temporary storage where it holds the uncompressed wav file:
Under Config -> Rip -> Ripper -> Rip file format:
~/mp3/%A/%d/%n.wav

Encoder to use (see below):
Under Config -> Encode -> Encoder -> Encoder: lame

Storage location for the encoded files.
Under Config -> Encode -> Encoder -> Encode file format:
~/mp3/%A/%d/%n.%x

Storage location for the playlist (m3u) files.
Under Config -> Encode -> Options -> M3U file format:
~/mp3/%A-%d.m3u

Encoder to use -- I'm using lame here (which create MP3s), OGG is a far
superior format, but it not widely supported by commercial widgets.  I'd
be using OGG exclusively if my car stereo supported them, but since it
doesn't, I'm stuck with MP3s.

I'm hoping this info will get you started in the right direction.  The
paths I have above point to the 'mp3' folder in my home directory, but
if you're storing your files in /music, then change it appropriately
(~/mp3/ would become /music/).

Let me know what you come up with.

- Chris