[NBLUG/talk] Recompiling a RPM

Todd Cary todd at aristesoftware.com
Sun Jan 14 11:34:36 PST 2007

I finally got a version of PHP with Interbase included, but I am not
sure why it works versus using rpmbuild.  Here is what I did:

Using the php-4.3.9-3.15.src.rpm and running

# rpm -i php.4.3.9-3.15.src.rpm

I now have php-4.3.9.tar.gz in /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES.  This is copied
to /tmp and untarred.  Moving to php.4.3.9-3, I run

# ./configure -with-interbase=shared,/opt/firebird

After a # make, I have interbase.so in the modules directory.  This is
copied to /usr/lib/php4 and I create a interbase.ini file in /etc/php.d
that has a line, "include=interbase.so".

That is it...long way around, but gosh darn, it works!!!  Honestly, I am
not sure of exactly what I did (at least I am not able to translate
everything into what I do daily with Windoz and Delphi).  I am sure some
C++ experience would help me.

Todd

--
Ariste Software