[NBLUG/talk] gaim doesn't work

rassilon rassilon at whovian.zapto.org
Wed Mar 14 00:42:57 PDT 2007

Hi again.  Hope somebody can help me.  Yes, I'm a Linux Dork.  I don't
know anything.

And I'm having yet another problem.  When I click on
applications/internet/gaim, a little box pops up in the left hand corner
of the screen, a little aim icon appears in the upper right, and a
(supposed) chat box saying "freenode-connect" shows up.  I never got to
choose what chat client I want to use like the first time.

I thought Gaim worked like this:

1. It boots
2. it comes up with a list of chat protocols (yahoo, aim, etc.) that you
can choose from
3. you log in and go from there...

What's up?  What can I do?

Do I need to re-install gaim?  I hope not, 'cuz I'd be back here asking
someone how to do that.

Help!

(See you at the installfest)

-Rassilon...