[NBLUG/talk] gaim doesn't work

Troy Arnold troy at zenux.net
Wed Mar 14 01:03:44 PDT 2007

On Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 12:42:57AM -0700, rassilon wrote:
> Hi again.  Hope somebody can help me.  Yes, I'm a Linux Dork.  I don't
> know anything.
>
> And I'm having yet another problem.  When I click on
> applications/internet/gaim, a little box pops up in the left hand corner
> of the screen, a little aim icon appears in the upper right, and a
> (supposed) chat box saying "freenode-connect" shows up.  I never got to
> choose what chat client I want to use like the first time.

Right-click on the gaim icon in the upper right corner.  That's probably
your "system tray" area.  The right-click will bring up several choices,
one of which is "accounts" select that, and you should be able to add
a new account for various chat protocols.

It's been awhile, but I still remember this being unintuitive to me also :)

-t