[NBLUG/talk] VMware on Linux on Xen with non-linux Dom0...

Andrew argonaut at gmx.co.uk
Tue Sep 11 15:36:42 PDT 2007

Robert P. Thille wrote on Tue, 04 Sep 2007 15:09:04 -0700:

> I've got a board (EPIA EN15000G) which won't run linux stable.
> Even without X it'll crash within a few hours or days if
> loaded up at all. (just locks up, no ping, nothing on the
> console).

Have you tried other distros? Why not grab a bunch of LiveCDs
(Knoppix, Ubuntu, eLive, etc., including one or two with a 2.4
kernel), pop them in one at a time and try to kill each one. If
you can't find anything that will stay up, you may have to
abandon that board, or else (gasp!) run Windows as your host OS.

If, however, you do find one that will stay up, you can take
heart knowing that there *is* a configuration for Linux that
will run stable on your board.

A.