[NBLUG/talk] More LDAP....

Joey Moe family_geek at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 21 11:40:27 PDT 2007

My experience with ApacheDS was limited; I had been asked to figure
out why Apache Jetspeed didn't work with LDAP, so I needed an LDAP
server to test it against (I was working over the summer for a
company that contributes to the Jetspeed project).  But I have
thought about rolling out a suite of web-based services that would
use LDAP as a common authentication mechanism, so I may be revisiting
it in the next few weeks.

As far as any specific schema that might be needed by different
services---well, all I can tell you about right now is the schema
used by Apache Jetspeed.

--
Lincoln Peters

A year spent in artificial intelligence is enough to make one believe
in God.

I was looking at some of what Jetspeed  does. Looks interesting. I'm not sure what I am going to do with the LDAP server right now. It currently functioning as a searchable directory, so I ok with it working like that for now. I've moved on to Sendmail. I plan on running a local mail server for the house, so I can control who can and can't spam me. Maybe when you roll back to OpenLDAP we can bounce some ideas off one another about authentication, and see if we can't find some mutual functionality.

Joey Moe